Stimulate the collaboration and co-ordination between members of the European Network for Public Health Nutrition.
Strand 3 - Health Determinants.
Promoting health and prevent disease through addressing health determinants across all policies and activities.
Health Information and Health Determinants; Networking including Applicant Countries, Integration of Nutrition and Physical Activity, Co-ordinated action with emphasis on Overweight and Obesity in Monitoring, Intervention and Training.
• To bring European scientists and public health professionals together in order to:
a) link nutrition and physical activity in health promotion to optimise their combined impact,
b) co-ordinate and integrate ongoing work in Monitoring, Intervention and Training;
• To integrate representatives for the new Member States and NGO.s in the activities;
• To put emphasis on aspects of excess weight and obesity in the population and its risk factors;
• To ensure in the long term development and implementation of sustainable evidence-based coherent training and promotion strategies on nutrition and physical activity.
• Stimulate, through meetings, group activities and training, the collaboration and co-ordination between members of the European Network for Public Health Nutrition.
• Continue project activities in Monitoring (Monitoring PHN) and Training (Eur Master`s Programme in PHN). Establish three Task Forces on evidence-based Intervention according to the priorities given in the Eurodiet project and the French Initiative:
a) Fruit and vegetables (implication aspects of ProChildren, DG RESEARCH);
b) Physical Activity (increasing its impact on health by being combined with healthy eating);
c) Breastfeeding (continuation and practical implications of the ongoing project Promotion of Breastfeeding in Europe)
• Prepare and submit project proposals to the PH Programme 2005 to 2007, to the 6th Framework Research Programme (and following Framework Programmes) and to the SOCRATES programme.
• Suggest in the report how to proceed to ensure sustainable and coherent training and promotion strategies on nutrition and physical activity, with emphasis on overweight/obesity.
Technical Reports submitted to the Commission with suggestions about how to proceed to ensure sustainable and coherent promotion and training strategies on nutrition integrated with physical activity, with emphasis on overweight/obesity. Technical reports from the project groups on Monitoring PHN, Intervention (Task Forces 1 to 3), and Training (Masters programme; PhD-training) Project proposals in the areas of Monitoring, Intervention (Fruit and Vegetable consumption; Integrated Promotion of Physical Activity and Healthy Eating; Breastfeeding promotion) and Training (Masters and PhD programmes in PHN) to (where appropriate):
a) DG SANCO, PH Programme
b) DG RESEARCH, 6th FP (Integrated projects, Network of Excellence)
c) SOCRATES programme (Exchange of students and teachers)