The project aims to identify, qualify and implement good practices in cross-cutting community initiatives to promote health-enhancing physical activity in socio-economically disadvantaged areas. Specific objectives are
* Identification of good practices
* Qualification/valorization of good practices
* Promotion of good practices
* Mobilization of cross-cutting partnerships and networks in physical activity
* Implementation of pilot actions
The MOVE project builds on and complements a number of related actions:
- EAHC funded projects in particular IMPALA, PASEO, EPODE, EEN, HEPS, LifeCycle, PATHE, and SHAPE UP.
- The 9 EC Sport Unit Actions in Health, in particular HCSC, YOU NEED EXERCISE, SANTE and The HUB.
To this should be added the strong European dimension of the project – to engage a very wide range of European/international stakeholders in a committing cooperation, and indeed to use this as a model for both national and local partnerships of the same nature.
In particular, MOVE Partners have addressed the links to the EU platform for action on Diet, Physical Activity and Health (which will see clear promotional added value) as well as to the extensive work and projects of WHO Europe/HEPA network (MOVE partners are already involved).
a) identification of good practice: MOVE will build on existing experience and literature and adapt and define its own methodology relevant for the specific Project Target Groups.
b) qualification/valorization of good practices: The practices will be grouped to allow aggregation of common quality traits, feeding in the overall best practice handbook and best practice guidelines.
c) promotion of good practices: Hands-on initiative and dialogue with relevant stakeholders to take up the project results in new actions via two specialized congresses and the WeMOVE web platform (with three well-defined target groups)
d) mobilization of cross-cutting partnerships: Performing substantial international cross-sector networking to facilitate specific future partnerships via the NETWORKPLACE methodology. International networking will motivate similar cooperation on a national/local level (via Associate Partners) and allow shared promotion/lobby efforts.
e) implementation of pilot actions: Collaborating Partners will engage in intensive consultation process in order to initiate new pilots.
* 5 new European level/international cross-cutting partnerships to promote physical activity have been established
* 8 new national cross-cutting partnerships to promote physical activity have been established with motivation and inspiration from the international cross-cutting partnership behind the MOVE proposal
* 45 new local cross-cutting partnerships to promote physical activity have been established with motivation and inspiration from both the international and the national cross-cutting partnerships
* 15 pilot actions on national or local level initiated