Against the epidemiogical background and evidence that was described in the FPA2018 – 2021, in 2020, AIDS Action Europe (AAE) will continue the work under the three objectives
1. AAE contributes effectively to the HIV, TB and hepatitis response in Europe
2. AAE provides platforms to communicate and facilitate collaboration, networking, and linking and learning
3. Continuous improvement of network collaboration through governance and internal management.
As a comprehensive NGO network of 421 NGOs, national networks, AIDS service organisations, and community based groups in 47 countries in the WHO European Region, AAE will implement its work programme, i.e. with regard to Objective I, to serve as the secretariat to the EU CSF, to monitor and contribute to policy developments, to coordinate the European HIV Legal Forum, and advocate for CS concerns. Objective 2 comprises improved bilingual communication and exchange, intensified social media communication, dissemination of 3rd health programme information and tools, support of national and regional affordability advocacy efforts and provision of capacity building activities. Eventually, objective III includes ensuring topic-related sub-network cooperation, overall governance by the AAE Steering Committee and implementation, monitoring, evaluation, follow-up and fundraising for the work programme.
Herewith we will continue focusing on the following six core thematic areas identified by our members and partners:
- Community based voluntary counselling and testing
- Affordability of medicines
- Tackling legal barriers in the response to HIV, TB and hepatitis
- Criminalisation of HIV non-disclosure, exposure and transmission
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Tackling stigma and discrimination