3rd Health Programme (2014-2020)
European Cancer Leagues Collaborating for Impact in Cancer Control (2020) [ECL SGA 2020]
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) provides a unique platform as the only organisation with the mission of uniting at the European level, national and regional cancer leagues to achieve ...
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) provides a unique platform as the only organisation with the mission of uniting at the European level, national and regional cancer leagues to achieve a cancer-free Europe. In coherence with the FPA 2018-2021, this SGA focuses on the core activities to be implemented in 2020 in respect of the following strategic objectives:
1) Informing policy to ensure cancer control remains high on the political agenda;
2) Promoting the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC) as the essential tool for cancer prevention;
3) Supporting leagues in the implementation of the Council Recommendation on Cancer Screening;
4) Uniting leagues to advocate for equal access to treatment, support, and rehabilitation for cancer patients;
5) Advocating for the European Guide for quality improvement in cancer control to be mainstreamed in national cancer plans.
These objectives will be achieved by several actions, including:
- Organisation of the 8th European Conference on Tobacco or Health and publication of the latest Tobacco Control Scale report including data from 38 countries in the European region;
- Implementing the MEPs against Cancer (MAC) European elections manifesto through coordinated actions of the group, supporting four structured meetings of the group;
- Publishing the final report of the systematic evaluation of impact of the European Code against Cancer and informing policymakers and the scientific community of results;
- Enhancing the ECL Youth Ambassadors programme to reach at least 40 European Countries and all EU member states in 2020;
- Supporting the roadmap towards a 3rd implementation report on cancer screening in the EU;
- Publication by the Patient Support Working Group of new guidance and training at the national level to address cancer in the workplace;
- Continuation of the advocacy work of the ECL Access to Medicines Task Force implementing the 2018 'Let's Talk Access' White Paper on Equal Access to Medicines.
Start date: 01/01/2020 - End date: 31/12/2020
Call: Financial Contribution to the Functioning of Non-Governmental Bodies - Invitation to submit proposals for Specific Operating Grant Agreements (SGA)
Topic: European Code Against Cancer