3rd Health Programme (2014-2020)
Strengthening the role of civil society within the TB response in Europe [TBEC]
The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is an advocacy network that brings together civil society representatives (individuals and organisations) from across the WHO European Region; in order to strengthen the...
The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is an advocacy network that brings together civil society representatives (individuals and organisations) from across the WHO European Region; in order to strengthen the role of civil society within the region response to tuberculosis (TB), and to increase the political and financial commitment required to effectively control the epidemic in the region.
The year 2017 is the 3rd year of the FPA and another critical year for the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Europe. The latest evidence continues to affirm that the fight against TB, and particularly drug-resistant TB, is far from won in the region and sustained community advocacy, capacity building, and high-level advocacy are needed to achieve this goal.
Main specific objectives of the programme:
1) Increase understanding of the civil society contribution to TB response across 80% of the Region by the end of 2017;
2) By the end of 2017, maintain and strengthen the TBEC website as a regional platform serving 400 civil society stakeholders working within the TB response;
3) Provide access to TBEC support and representation to civil society stakeholders in at least 80% of countries within the Region by the end of 2017;
4) Strengthen the voice of civil society in all accessible EU, regional and international forums/consultations throughout 2017;
5) Manage TBEC’s governance and internal processes for the successful implementation of this work programme throughout 2017.
These objectives will be achieved via the delivery of key outputs:
- Mapping civil society stakeholders across the region;
- Facilitate access to information and resources for target groups;
- Conduct outreach to civil society across the region with the aim of expanding the network and building relationships with target groups;
- Engage with decision-makers to advocate on behalf of civil society across the region;
- Manage the network effectively to implement the three-year work programme.
Start date: 01/01/2017 - End date: 31/12/2017
Call: Financial contribution to the functioning of non-governmental bodies (Operating grants)