Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
European Conference of National Strategies for Chlamydia Trachomatis and Human Papillomavirus [NSCP]
1) To provide Conference materials (Conference book, Essentials of the Conference, results of questionnaires, Forum for discussion) which shall be the background to prepare guidance for national progr...
1) To provide Conference materials (Conference book, Essentials of the Conference, results of questionnaires, Forum for discussion) which shall be the background to prepare guidance for national programmes in European countries for Chlamydia trachomatis and HPV.
2) To prepare Conference book documented current situation with Chlamydia and HPV strategies in different European countries including:
- primary prevention particularly involving young adults, sexual health and relationship education;
- the promotion of safer sex and condom use;
- the effective diagnosis and treatment of those with infection identifying and treating partners of infected individuals;
- active case-finding, e.g. screening, to identify and treat asymptomatic cases;
- the estimation of the effectiveness of use of vaccines to prevent HPV;
- the comparison of the current diagnostic assays of Chlamydia and HPV;
- evaluation and validation of a molecular based gold standard methods.
3) To prepare Essentials of the Conference which would be used as a guidance to establish the national strategies for Chlamydia trachomatis and human papillomavirus (HPV) early detection and control in Europe Union. The representatives from ECDC shall be involved to avoid duplication of efforts.
4) Evaluation of impact of the Conference using questionnaires between members of participating European countries.
5) To monitor the long term impact of the Conference on national strategies, methods and changes in practices providing the Forum for discussion at Conference web page for at least 5 years.
6. Publication of the conference results on-line (Conference book, Essentials of the Conference, results of questionnaire, Forum) and in printing materials (Conference book).
Start date: 26/05/2011 - End date: 26/11/2012
Call: Improve Citizen''S Health Security (Hs-2009)